We are always on the look-out for talented designers to join our creative and super friendly team here in the Cotswolds.
Would you like to join a team who works with award-winning architects, interior and landscape designers on prestigious projects across the globe? We specialise in High End Residential (Interior and Exterior Lighting), Leisure, Hospitality or Commercial Property, so if you are looking for a change or perhaps a project to work on; please do drop us a line including your CV, Portfolio, and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Lighting Designer
|Hybrid (Minimum of two days in the office)
About Light House Designs
Light House Designs is an independent lighting design company that was established in 2010. We are a small team with a large reach, working throughout the UK and abroad. We enjoy a broad range of exciting, award winning projects from country houses, town houses, alpine chalets, boutique hotels and restaurants. Each client expects, and is given, highly personalised attention and the company thrives on its reputation.
Our Head Office in the heart of the Cotswolds in Gloucestershire. Our ethos is entrepreneurial, and our culture is intimate, flexible and fun, we empower our staff to manage their own time projects and workload demands.
The next step in the company’s evolution is to maximise the potential and we would like to explore the opportunities to support the growth of the business with growing the design team.
Joining Light House Designs
We are looking for a Senior Lighting Designer to join our team. Working with the latest technology Light House Designs is at the forefront of innovative and inspirational lighting design for both interior and exterior projects as well as landscapes and art installations. Our belief is, used effectively, lighting can transform a space, uniting architectural features with the interior design, creating impact or serenity depending on the client or environment.
Reporting to the Director of Business Operations, the Senior Lighting Designer will be able to transform a space, uniting architectural features with the interior design, creating impact or serenity depending on the client or environment.
You will be required to design innovative and inspirational lighting schemes and ensure the client can visualise and understand the proposal. You will be required to attend site visits (this can mean early starts and late evenings depending on the location) and be prepared to travel overseas when required, as well as developing new business opportunities and maintaining good working relationships with architects, designers, and electricians.
Additional Roles & Responsibilities
- Independently source product from a wide range of OEM’s.
- Work closely with our own procurement partner to ensure quality and efficiency.
- Communicate with project teams, such as architects, interior designers, electricians etc., regularly.
- Undertake any other such duties and responsibilities reasonably consistent with the role as may be required from time to time by the Company.
- Run projects efficiently through both internal and external teams.
- Explore business development opportunities or make the team aware of opportunities.
- Create and produce fee proposals for all project types.
- Provide technical knowledge and support for other designers.
- Build project teams allowing for greater project capacity if required.
- Produce conceptual lighting design information, provide detailed lighting integration information.
- Present to clients and provide project support for all RIBA stages.
- Logging of project time onto Harvest and review invoice report prior to issuing invoices to clients.
- Hybrid working can be done from home, or our offices in the Cotswolds.
- Advise and work with the team on internal processes to further develop our internal structure.
- Inform the team of business development opportunities or suggest new ideas. Research and development to ensure that you keep up to date with the latest technologies and thinking.
- Attend CPD’s, lighting exhibitions and trade shows to further product knowledge and keep up with new technologies.
Education and Experience
This list below is not exhaustive; it will be subject to periodic review and may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The post holder will be expected to participate in this process, and we would aim to reach agreement to the changes.
- Minimum of 5 years Lighting Design experience in a Lighting Design Studio.
- Extensive OEM technical product knowledge.
- AutoCAD essential
- DiaLux (advantageous)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel & PowerPoint)
- Experience of Project management and business development
- You hold a full driving licence and are a car owner (business miles paid @ 0.45ppm)
- Organised and efficient
- Listen to what the client would like.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and dependable
- Able to manage workload and meet deadlines without fail.
- Good spatial awareness and ability to think in 3D.
- Well-presented and fluent in written and spoken English.
- Flexible, friendly, and happy to work in a small team as well as on their own.
- Competitive Salary
- Holiday: 20 days.
- Plus Discretionary Christmas Shut Down (max of 4 days, excludes Christmas Eve)
- You will be entitled to accrue an addtional 1 day per completed calendar year January to December up to a maximum of 5 days.
- Statutory Pension Contributions
- Healthcare: BUPA (after probationary period)
- Discretionary Bonus: Subject to Board Approval
- Probationary Period: 6 months (3 month interim review)
If the above is of interest to you and you are looking for a change or perhaps a project to work on; please do drop us a line including your CV, Portfolio, and a covering letter to email@example.com